Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Crazy little thing called love

The job hunt is officially underway. It's mildly terrifying and, to be honest, a bit disheartening -- but I've applied to three jobs so far, so fingers crossed!

Since my last post, I returned to Austin for the most Austin reason ever: to see my friend's band play. It was a super fun, quick trip and I was glad to see my pals and get to indulge in some of my favorite things -- like Pinthouse Pizza and BookPeople.

Also, Maggie took this picture outside the Boys Club show and it's one of my favorite pictures of me ever taken. It perfectly sums up how I feel when in Austin.


This past weekend, I was able to make a trip to DFW to see my wonderful cousin Shelbie get married! Me and my sister and Shelbie and her sister have always been a unit in our family because everyone is either older or younger than we are by 5+ years. So, it was awesome to be able to attend her special day. Shelbie looked stunning and she and Mitchell (who I graduated high school with #SmallTownVibes) are the absolute cutest. The whole wedding was so full of love and happiness, I left feeling a little bit better about the world in general.

Meanwhile, lately:

  • I've been reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It's complex, but the concept is fascinating and I'm really enjoying it. So far, my favorite bit has been Wednesday's musings about roadside attractions being places of power in America. 
  • I've been binge-watching The West Wing and Bob's Burgers. I'm also pretty into Freeform's new show, The Bold Type. It's a little cheesy at times (Miranda Priestly is a much more believable fashion mag editor than Jacqueline Carlyle), but overall, it's super enjoyable. Fresh, fun and feminist -- what more do you need? 
  • If you haven't watched Hasan Minaj: Homecoming King on Netflix, I highly recommend it! If you're like me, you'll find yourself laughing out loud and tearing up in equal measure. I also recommend seeing Baby Driver while it's still in theaters. The sound editing alone makes it a must-watch.
  • Finally, it's late, but here's June's Spotify playlist! It's a lot of tracks from Melodrama (Lorde really came through) and some throwback Cassie Steele. So far in July, I've pretty much had Selena Gomez's "Bad Liar" and Kesha's new songs, "Praying'" and "Woman," on repeat. Anyone else so proud of her they could cry?
Stay cool, y'all! Figuratively and literally.

1 comment: