Monday, February 26, 2018

"Vive la evolution!"

As I have such a bad habit of seeing articles, liking them on Twitter, telling myself, "I'll read that later," and then reading like, 11 pieces in one sitting, I'm probably going to make sharing my faves a semi-regular thing.

So, here's the Best of What I Read Today:

  • First up, there's this piece that makes a case for ditching Tinder and bringing back blind dating. And speaking of our online obsessions, the great Anne T. Donahue wrote about how we don't owe anyone any details about our life -- even if social media culture can make us feel like we do. 
  • Black Panther takes abound on the web right now, but which one is the most important? What the kids thought, of course! Kevin Noble Maillard spoke with seven seventh graders about what they thought of Marvel's latest hit. (Spoiler alert: they love the suit.) Also re Black Panther: there's a line in that Rolling Stone cover story that made me catch my breath.
  • Speaking of superheroes, the Burton Batman movies are now on Netflix and Scott Meslow wanted to know: do they hold up? (My answer: yes.)
  • Following the recent shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School, Michael Ian Black penned an affecting op-ed about how America's boys are broken and we need to do something about it.
  • That Brendon Fraser profile everyone's talking about? Don't miss it. Zach Baron paints a melancholy portrait of a beloved actor many of us forgot to notice was missing. 
  • Jordan Peele and Janelle Monae's faked a Hitchcockian noir film for W and now I need to see it made IRL.
  • Bim Adewunmi asks the real hard-hitting question: "Why is Michael B. Jordan so hot right now?"
Scroll on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment