Tuesday, February 6, 2024

'Who do you think we are then?' | January in Review

I don't know if I'm doing these again. Maybe if I do, they'll be short like this? I don't know! Follow me on Letterboxd! 

But. Of the 13 films I watched for the first time in January, the best were Anatomy of a Fall, The Holdovers, The Iron Claw, Past Lives and No One Will Save You. I also rewatched Bodies Bodies Bodies, and it is still immaculate.

Tim and I have also been watching Season 2 of Fargo. I think it's boring, but Season 1 was great! And we're making our way through The Sopranos for the first time because the 25th anniversary seemed as good a time as any. We've finished Season 1 and so far, it's good.

In books, I reread The Inheritance Games and journaled this ridiculous and very telling paragraph:

"It's like Jennifer Lynn Barnes said, 'I know you've got a thing for jaded rich boys from intimidating and vaguely evil families – oh, you didn't know that about yourself? Take this Draco dupe, this Sirius dupe and a good look in the mirror!" 

Then I tore through its initial sequels, The Hawthorne Legacy and The Final Gambit. Highly recommend for fans of The Hunger Games and Knives Out. YA forever, baybee.

Looking forward to: seeing Lisa Frankenstein, reading The Suite Spot by Trish Doller, which I scored at a bookswap brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment