Friday, June 9, 2017

Low-key, no pressure -- just hang with me and my weather

I kept a pretty low profile through April and May, even going on an Actual Vacation to the Texas coast, which was lovely and much-needed. But I'm looking forward to the busy rest of June!

Next weekend, I'm off to DFW to see Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold with my dad. I've never seen either band, so that's super exciting. Then the following weekend, I'm heading down to Austin to watch Boys Club play, hang out with my friends and probably eat too much. It's going to be great.

Moving on, lately:

  • During my vacation, I finally decided to give up on Armada and instead tore through The Circle -- which is very good, if you haven't read it. Since then, I've been making my way through the very on-brand My Best Friend's Exorcism. It's taking me a bit (as usual) but I'm liking it.
  • As always, I'm watching a million and a half TV shows, but most recently I've been bingeing Sex and the City, which I've never watched unedited (I know). I also recently finished Bones and am all caught up on Better Call Saul. Can't wait to devour Orange is the New Black season five and be reunited with my favorite sestras in the season premiere of Orphan Black!
  • Some films I've seen recently that I enjoyed: 10 Cloverfield Lane (the first one is good, this one is better); Logan (they really did that, huh?); Wonder Woman (AHHHH); and 20th Century Women (a good, quiet film that would have been a little better if Greta Gerwig's character were LGBTQ. I have a lot of thoughts about this).
  • Finally, here's May's Spotify playlist! It's almost exclusively Harry Styles and Paramore because duh.
I'm sure I'll probably do a recap post of all the fun I've got coming up -- maybe if I say I'll do it, I actually will? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment