Tuesday, March 27, 2018

"There's people out here biting Beyoncé!"

Can y'all believe March is almost over?? January and February both felt like they lasted my entire life, but I feel like March just flew by.

Maybe part of that is because I've been reading more lately than I have in a long time. Really working that library card like a millionaire works an AmEx. (Seriously, I'm so stoked on the library lately. Free books! Limitless checkouts! Return dates that make you actually read the books instead of just stacking them on shelves for all eternity!)

Anyway, here's the Best of What I Read in March, from books to articles:

  • I finished In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen, a book I checked out in February as part of my local library's "Blind Date with a Book" event. I didn't flat-out adore it, but it does tell a compelling story of how crazily connected people can be. 
  • Next up was I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. Straight-up one of the best books I've ever read. I kept having to put it down to walk off the feelings and I haven't stopped thinking about it since I finished it.
  • I devoured Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson in approximately 48 hours. Maureen is a great mystery writer (her Shades of London series, starting with The Name of the Star, is a must-read) and this one is no exception. I'm now impatiently awaiting its sequel. 
  • Now reading: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. So far, it's as good as its spectacular miniseries adaptation. 
  • Lauren Larson's piece on Bill Hader is killer. There's something insanely comforting about finding out an SNL legend deals with major anxiety and also I just really love Bill Hader.  
  • Caity Weaver went whale watching with Tiffany Haddish, something I never knew I wanted to do until now. Haddish is predictably delightful talking about everything from Cup O' Noodles to turpentine to Beyoncé.
  • Anne T. Donhaue hit me in the feels (as usual) with this piece on professional jealousy. Because, woof, do I know that vibe.
  • AV Club is doing a series on rom-coms and this piece about the development and impact of the greatest rom-com of all time, When Harry Met Sally, is a treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment