Sunday, December 31, 2017

All of the seasons and all of the days

This year has been a mess. Politically, socially, personally -- a mess. I am 100%, incandescently happy to see it go.

But before 2017 comes to an end, I'm bolstering my optimism for 2018 by looking back at some of the good stuff that happened in the midst of all the bad. And I'm surprised by how much good there really was!

In January, I traveled to Austin to see Mamma Mia with Maggie and Melany. I'm so thankful I can always count on those two to share my musical theater enthusiasm.

In March, I welcomed the cutest little ball of chub into my life: my nephew, Ashton!

In April, I decided last minute to buy tickets to the Outlaws and Legends Festival here in Abilene. I went with my dad and we had a BLAST. We drank way too much, made temporary friends and two-stepped in the middle of a tornado warning. Normal Texas stuff.

A few weeks later, I spent a week on the Texas coast, eating amazing food, reading and taking a lot of pictures of flowers and sunsets. See: #BeeAtTheBeach

In May, I saw my sister walk across the stage to get her GED!

In June, I finally saw Metallica live (!!!), traveled to Austin again to see my best friend's band play their last show and got emotional about Harry Potter's twentieth anniversary.

At the end of June, I fulfilled my contract at a job that made me very unhappy and chose to leave. While I'm still waiting to see what's next, I don't regret that decision one bit.

In July, I attended a cousin's wedding. In August, I saw another cousin graduate from college and watched the solar eclipse with my dog.



In September, I went to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo more than once (I love the fair, ok?) and turned 25.

In October, I made the year's final trip to Austin to see Rent with Maggie and Melany. I wasn't kidding about how much we love musical theater. I also dressed up as a Dazed and Confused senior just to go to the grocery and liquor stores on Halloween.

In November, I made a pact to do bolder eye makeup for the rest of the year.





And in December, I took the cutest photo I've ever taken in my life (probably):


And, of course, when I wasn't filling out job applications and/or having existential crises, I was consuming media! It wouldn't be a year-in-review post if I didn't talk about my favorite stuff, would it? Here's the round-up:


Good riddance, 2017! Be nice, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment